|Full Name||Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel|
|Nickname(s)||Sardar, Sardar Patel|
|Title(s)||Founding Father of India, Iron Man of India, Bismarck of India, Unifier of India|
|Profession(s)||Barrister, Politician, Activist|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)|
|Political Journey||• In 1917, for the first time, he was elected as the Sanitation Commissioner of Ahmedabad. The same year, he was also elected as the secretary of Gujarat Sabha (A political body that helped Gandhi Ji in his campaign).
• In 1920, Patel was elected the President of Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee and served until 1945.
• Between 1924 and 1928, Patel was the chairman of the Municipal Committee in Ahmedabad.
• After Independence, he became the First Deputy Prime Minister of India and was appointed the minister of Home Affairs, States, and Information and Broadcasting
|Awards/Honours||Bharat Ratna (1991: Posthumously)|
|Monuments/Institutions Named After Him (Main Ones)||• Sardar Patel Memorial Trust
• Sardar Sarovar Dam, Gujarat
• Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Memorial, Ahmedabad
• Sardar Patel University, Gujarat
• Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi
• Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad
• Sardar Patel University of Police, Security and Criminal Justice, Jodhpur
• Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Mumbai
• Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai
• Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Chowk in Katra Gulab Singh, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh
• Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad
• Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
• Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, New Delhi
|Date of Birth||31 October 1875
Note– Exact date of birth is not certain. 31st October was mentioned in his matriculation certificate.
|Age (At the time of death)||75 Years|
|Birthplace||Nadiad, Bombay Presidency, British India|
|Date of Death||15 December 1950|
|Place of Death||Bombay (Now, Mumbai)|
|Death Cause||Heart Attack|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Scorpio|
|School||A Primary School in Petlad, Gujarat|
|College/University||Middle Temple, Inns of Court, London, England|
|Educational Qualification||A Degree in Law|
|Hobby||Playing Bridge (A card game)|
|Controversies||• When he was the chairman of Municipal community in Ahmedabad, several corruption charges were pressed against him. On 28 April 1922, a case of ‘misrepresentation of funds’ worth ₹1.68 lakh was registered against him in Ahmedabad District Court.
• Patel was criticised for being biased against Muslims. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad criticised him for accepting Partition of India rapidly.
• Patel was also criticised by the supporters of Subhas Chandra Bose, for putting down the people who were not supportive of Mahatma Gandhi.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year– 1891|
|Children||Son– Dahyabhai Patel (Worked in a Insurance Company)
Daughter– Maniben Patel (Freedom Fighter)
|Parents||Father– Jhaverbhai Patel
|Siblings||Brothers– Somabhai Patel, Narshibhai Patel, Vithalbhai Patel (Legislator), Kashibhai Patel
Sister– Dahiben (Younger)
|Favourite Food(s)||Boiled Vegetables, Rice|
|Favourite Leader||Mahatma Gandhi|
Source from : https://starsunfolded.com/sardar-vallabhbhai-patel/
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: