|Profession||Politician & Social Worker|
|Famous Role(s)||• Minister of State (MoS) for Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries
• Minister of State (MoS) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Political Journey||• Contested the 2004 Odisha Assembly Elections on a BJP ticket and won from the Nilagiri Constituency
• Elected again in the 2009 Odisha Assembly Elections as an MLA
• In 2014, he contested the Lok Sabha elections but lost to the BJD candidate by 1.42 Lac votes
• In 2019, he was announced as the BJP candidate once again for the 2019 General Elections from the Balasore Constituency of Odisha
• Sarangi won from the Balasore Constituency by more than 12,000 votes over his opponents
• On 31 May 2019, Sarangi was inducted in the Narendra Modi Government as a Minister of State for Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
|Date of Birth||4 January 1955|
|Age (as in 2018)||64 Years|
|Birthplace||Gopinathpur Village, Nilagiri, Balasore, Odisha|
|Hometown||Nilagiri, Balasore, Odisha|
|School||K.C High School, Nilagiri, Odisha|
|College/University||Fakir Mohan College, Balasore, Odisha|
|Educational Qualification||B.A. from the Fakir Mohan College, Balasore, Odisha in 1975|
|Address||Gopinathpur Village, Nilgiri, Balasore, Odisha|
|Controversies||• In 1999, an Australian Christian missionary Graham Staines and his children were burnt to death while they slept in their station wagon by the Bajrang Dal in Monoharpur village, Odisha. Sarangi was the state President of Bajrang Dal in 1999. He was accused of being involved and knowing about the killings before they were about to happen. In 2003, the Odisha High Court sentenced the main accused Dara Singh to a death sentence and freed 11 men related to the case, including Sarangi, due to lack of evidence.
• In 2002, Sarangi was arrested on the charges of rioting, arson, assault and damaging government property. Many Hindu Right-Wing groups including the Bajrang Dal had attacked the Odisha State Assembly. Sarangi was the Bajrang Dal President and was involved in the attack too.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Gobinda Chandra Sarangi
Mother– Name Not Known
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019)||Movable Assets: Rs. 4.46 Lacs
Cash: Rs. 15,000
Bank Deposits: Rs. 3.81 Lacs
Bonds & Debentures: Rs. 50,000
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 1 Lac + Other Allowances (as a Cabinet Minister)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 13.46 Lacs (as in 2019)|
Source from : https://starsunfolded.com/pratap-chandra-sarangi/
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: